1. Download PuTTy and install it.
2 Download XMing and install it.
3. Start the “XLaunch” application.
4 Settings are as follows :1. Display settings : Multiple Windows
2. Session type : Start no client
3. Additional Parameters : Select “Clipboard” leaving the rest blank/unchecked
4. Save the configuration
5. Now launch PuTTy and configure : The IP you obtain from PI during boot. Then enable X11 forwarding(SSH) and set display as “localhost:0.0”
6. Save the configuration
7. Open the configuration and you have your Pi on your laptop.
Note : If do not want to check the IP each time you can set a static one. Here is the tutorial